Here are 5 character traits I am resolving to pray for, teach and model in our church for 2009:
1. Resolved to be a church that humbly recognizes our sin and confesses it to God and one another trusting him to forgive us our sins and cleanse from all unrighteousness.
2. Resolved to be a church that declares the uniquely saving and only sufficient Savior, Jesus Christ, to ourselves and to a lost and dying world.
3. Resolved to be a church that delights in God’s Word, that pants for it as a deer for water, and that trusts in it alone as the all-sufficient guide for the sanctification of our church.
4. Resolved to be a church that is altogether separate from the world by pursuing, treasuring, and making much of Christ and his kingdom and by hating, fleeing, and repenting of the idols of this world’s kingdom.
5. Resolved to be a church that deeply loves one another through speaking the truth in love to one another, serving one another, sacrificing for one another, being patient with one another, bearing with one another, encouraging one another, praying for one another, and having hope for one another.
God Can Overcome Any Abuse
1 hour ago